Posted on September 8, 2022 in 2022 Fall Gift Guide
Princeton, NJ, September 7, 2022 — Surviving sexual assault, attempted suicide and an arranged marriage is one thing. Processing all of that pain and living a full life proved to be something entirely different for speaker and author Poonam Bhuchar.
“In the shadows of emotional pain, survival can take priority over healing,” Bhuchar said. “Lasting reverberations of traumatic experiences can cripple decision-making skills, creep into relationships and leave scars on the people you love.”
Eventually, Bhuchar’s emotional trauma also took a physical toll. She suffered two strokes and temporary paralysis before beginning her long journey toward authentic healing.
Today, she shares her powerful story through speaking engagements and her book, SAFE From the Pain: Out of the Darkness Into a Life That’s Free, Happy, and Good.
Part memoir, part self-help revelation, SAFE From the Pain pairs Bhuchar’s inspiring story with the SAFE Method, which aims to help readers process emotional pain in healthy, productive ways so they can lead more fulfilling personal and professional lives.
In SAFE From the Pain, readers will learn:
– The four-step SAFE Method for working through emotions and regaining control.
– The impact that stress from emotional pain has on every aspect of life — including the workplace.
– How to overcome a victim mindset and accept responsibility — because ownership leads to action.
– Three types of forgiveness for freedom from society’s expectations, cultural beliefs and self-judgment.
– Why embracing one’s journey is essential to happiness, a bigger life purpose and alignment with one’s true self.
“Peace and empowerment after trauma are possible when you embrace your pain as part of your story,” Bhuchar said. “You can’t move forward if you live in the past.”
For more information, please visit www.emotionallysafe.com, or connect with the author on Facebook (emotionally safe) and Instagram (emotionally_safe).
SAFE From the Pain: Out of the Darkness Into a Life That’s Free, Happy, and Good Publisher: RI Publishing
Available from Amazon.com